Help me find a place to camp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find a place to camp!

In the Central/Southern parts of Mendocino National Forest!

I have Googled and searched and clicked and I am so overwhelmed! I want something high in elevation and near some form of water (lake or stream) so I can fish. Dispersed campgrounds are fine too.

Reno, you know of some good places around there, dontcha?
    My Other Interest

Re: Help me find a place to camp!

Problem is this year the mountains have had a ton of snow this year, most tenting places are looking to open late June to early July! This past winter has been the wettest year in the last 30 years. The Lake Tahoe region has over 10' snow and the lake is up too! Just east of Lodi, California there is a lake that might be open, but in the winter/spring it turns into a reunion of sorts for RVers!

I really can't say if these places are not covered in snow, but most have low elevation so snow shouldn't be a problem. Here's what I've found:

http://www.forestcamping.com/dow/pacficsw/mendcmp.htm
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 04-07-2011, 05:01 AM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thanks Reno, I'll look into those links when I'm on a better computer. I'm on my laptop right now and it's a dinosaur!
      My Other Interest

Comment

This time of year, stay down on the flat if you are looking for a nice camping experience. Sandy soil is even better. You won't have mud to contend with.
        FlashLantern turns your flashlight into a lantern!

Comment

Working...
        X