Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food you may not have thought of, homemade noodles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food you may not have thought of, homemade noodles.

Homemade noodles. I'm serious for 2 light eaters all you need is 2/3 cup or 1 big man size hand full of flour 1 large egg and a dash of salt.Since hands vary, If it is really too sticky add a little flour. . If it absolutely wont't all mix in add a little water. flatten with something that will roll. If nothing is available squash with a plate. Cut into noodle pieces
    let dry for a 1/2hour or more. keep out of the sun. Don't worrry the eggs won't spoil this is how noodles are made. If you are going to be there a while you can even dry them for later. Boil them in broth or water until they turn whitish and soft. Make sure they are done or they will be tough. The recipe can be doubled. It is a way to have something different and special.

Re: Food you may not have thought of, homemade noodles.

Now this is interesting!
    I've made noodles using a stand mixer but never tried it by hand.

Already put together my menu for next trip which includes pasta (fresh lasagna) yet I'll keep this in mind for later in the season.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

We cook with them all the time, they come packaged in bags. Of course, I'm talking about asian markets here, there must be a couple dozen varieties in wide egg and thin rice varieties. The thin rice are fried (chow mein) and the thick egg are just seperated and warmed up (chow fun).
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I'm on a low carb maintenance diet fer life (hopefully) so try to keep my noodle intake to a minimum yet wuvvvvv the thin rice noodles especially for camping. They cook in an instant .
        2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
        Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Also you can add Italian seasoning and parmigiana cheese .
          I love home made noodles, mine ALWAYS get a dash of garlic seasoning.

Comment

Working...
          X