Cabin Camping Tri-State area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin Camping Tri-State area?

New to the forum, hopefully you guys have some suggestions for me 'cause i'm completely lost ha

Me and a couple of my friends (probably a group of 8) are looking to head out into the mountains this summer. After last years debacle (rain and hail the size of golfballs) we decided we'd rather rent a cabin for a couple nights. We're completely open to area suggestions but have a few 'musts'

we'd like:

mountains (great views)
    hiking trails
    lake (on the water would be ideal)
    cabins that have electricity, bathrooms, shower, etc (kitchen is a plus, grill is ok)

we're located in CNJ on the shore so anywhere within a 6 hour radius is something we'd consider.

We're looking into the adirondacks (lake placid, any other great places to check?), the catskills, the poconos

again, we're open to any suggestions (and they don't have to be those 3 locations listed above)

thanks for your help!

Re: Cabin Camping Tri-State area?

Not so sure about mountains as I haven't been there sense I was a tot but Cooks forest or parkers damn. One of those two rents out cabins. they are both located in Pennsylvania. If you want serious mountains go to West virginia.

Comment

Hey, you can rent cabins in either, Cooks forest or Parkers Dam. I haven't been to either one in years and have forgotten which has cabin rentals
      they are both located in Pennsylvania. If you want some real hills and mountains you'll need to go to central PA or West virginia.

Comment

Hey Littlefish,log cabins for sale in north carolina
        Thanks for the advice,used your info while inquiring, it helped.
        Last edited by powdajohn; 04-22-2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Check out Betty and Wilbur Davis State Park in NY near Cooperstown. They rent cottages, but they only have a couple ponds. All of your other musts are covered, the kitchen even has utensils and dishes (according to the website). Cooperstown has lots to offer, Baseball hall of fame, Otsego lake, Ommegang brewery, etc. Good luck.

Comment

Sorry so late in seeing this and hope you've already made your plans by now since it can be hard to get reservations as the season starts. Still this info may be of use at another time .

Taughannock Falls, Buttermilk Falls State Parks I've been to and can heartily recommend. There's actually quite a lot of NYS parks with cabins and varying prices and amenities.

Here's the complete list:

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/nysp...guide2011/#/92
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Working...
            X