Camping in Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camping in Kentucky

We just went to Green River Lake State Park for Labor Day weekend. We used the primitive sites. Clean campsites, clean showers and bathrooms (reccomend flip flops for the showers), no place to get clean water in the primitive sites heads up there, the site we picked was next to the shoreline so we had constant swimming with our kiddo.

They do not enforce the 11pm quiet rule, so if you are one that likes to sleep in the quiet I'd recommend not going during peak times. At 12am I had to go ask our neighbor to turn down or off their loud country music. :(

Other than that, we will be back. Great little place!

Comment

Camped in 3 KY parks in August. Natural Bridges in Slade KY. Nice enough CG, nothing real special. There is a creek running trough it and there is a large shelter if you are with a group. Bath/shower house was reasonably nice . The CG was crowded but unusually quiet. If you want to see some unusual rock formations and do some hiking it is worth a stop.

Next we hit "My Old Kentucky Home" CG. in Bardstown KY. Well kept older CG with only 30 some sites. It is right in town along a golf course. You do not have a feeling of being in town though. We were there to visit some distilleries along the Bourbon Trail. Makers Mark was a very well done tour with tasting at the end. If you stay here use the outer ring sites if you want wooded privacy.

Last was Mammoth Cave. Stayed in the Park and it is a fine park. Like most National parks. Large wooded sites and clean bathrooms. Took two Cave tours and had dinner at the Lodge, skip that.

Comment

Added Zilpo to the list of places, we went there in October. Very nice sites and probably one of my top favorites in KY.

Went to Land Between the Lakes at the beginning of April. Again nice facilities. Lots of fun.

Going to Nolin next weekend, can't wait!

Comment

Working...
        X