Camping- It's Black & White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping- It's Black & White

Howdy Campateers...if you got black & white images of your camp, or adventures and want to share...here's a thread to contribute to. It's doesn't have to be all whiz-bang HDR images. But it is just giving anyone a chance to show your artistic side, besides who shoots b/w any more anyway? Hey, as always...thanks for looking when you're not camping.

Last edited by renodesertfox; 08-28-2010, 08:54 PM.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Boy Fishing The Little Truckee

To me photography is Joy! Thanks for looking!

Comment

Sleeping Mountain

Sleeping Mountain in black and white. It's Sierra Buttes near California State Route forty nine(49). There is still snow from this past winter still present in a lot of spots. Thanks for looking.

Comment

Broken Barn

Comment

I don't have actual Black&White pics,but here's a chance to try my hand at some photo editing......

Original color pic, on a trail threading several small lakes together near our airport. Taken on my old HP digital camera.

And now, I use my nifty IrfanView utility to convert it to gray scale, with a softcast......

Here I take the grayscale pic and apply the 'sharpen' feature......

And who can resist an old-fashioned 'sepia-toned' image.......

Hey, this is fun!
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Yeah. Big Dawg...you softy! That's the spirit, your choice of subject matter and what you did was superb! Thanks for sharing! Got more! Feel free, I don't want hog the whole show! You done right proud of photography!

You know, even though the sound of bikes isn't my thing...I have always like what you've shown! You really should do more, if you have the time! Thanks for joining in the play of pics!
            And who doesn't like an ole fashioned sepia tone print, anyway? Thanks!

Comment

Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
              USMC Retired
              Scout/Sniper

Comment

Nice Rich, where's this at? Great shot and nice conversion! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Rocky Mountain National Park
                  Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
                  USMC Retired
                  Scout/Sniper

Comment

Pisgah National Forest in NC:

World's Edge.......

Mountain View.....

Comment

Thanks Dawg & Rich...here a friend of mine casting on the Truckee River. Thanks for looking!

Comment

Luxury Camp Cookin

Yep, it's bigger than a Coleman Stove...three burners put out 33,000 btu per/hr. We can slow cook anything by Camp Chef, "Big Gas Grill" in black & white. Yeah, it's a bit much, but for us it's luxury camp cooking!

Comment

Our fourth annual "Tour de Apalachicola Dual Sport Meet&Camp" was the last time we got to use the local YMCA camp, "Camp Indian Springs". Afterwards, they had budget troubles and sold the property.
                          But, here is the big grill my buddy Robert bought at Sportsman's Warehouse before they closed. It uses a 20 lb propane tank. This was our unit for eggs, meat and french toast.

We also had a smaller stove set up to do the grits on - and Moi ended up as GritsMeister!

Comment

RDF, are these B&W's HDR also? They almost look like really good pencil sketches.
                            May you always have love to share,
                            Health to spare
                            And friends that care.

Comment

Yep, pushed towards the pencil sketch end. I'm having fun with the new program, it cost plenty and one can do fab things...hope I'm not boring any?

Grits-Master, sir! Thanks for sharing! Really diggin seein another great photographer and poser share their adventures! If this meet-n-greet gets goin' it would be grand if you did a repeat cookin!
                              Last edited by renodesertfox; 08-31-2010, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X