What do YOU call them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do YOU call them?

Take two peices of bread buttered on one side. Place pie filling in the middle and cook it over the fire in a small single serving fire iron. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.

When I was growing up we called them "Fire Friiters". This past weekend I heard them called "pudgie pies". Now I am sure there is no correct answer, but the question still remains. What do YOU call them?
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

real good

I refer to them as "campfire pies"

But all I have to say is they are GOOD when you're starving after a long day of backpacking!

Comment

YES! Camper Pies!

Growing up, my family called them camper pies...yummy. In my opinion, there is no better camping dessert. :D

Comment

Whatever they're called, I've never heard of them. They sound delicious!!

Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely going to have to try this next time we go camping. I like the name "fire fritters."

Comment

New to me too! I just saw the term "Pudgy Pie" last week.
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

What do you call them?

Howdy,
            Fire Fritters...next question?

Sounds so good we made a batch this past weekend camping again at Echo Bay, Lake Mead, NV! Thanks for sharing!
            Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hi,

I remember them as Campfire Pies.

My grand kids just love em.

Comment

Re: What do YOU call them?

We call them hobo pies. I've used all kinds of fillings...eggs and sausage, pie filling, pizza, ham and cheese etc. my favorite go to food while camping!

Comment

Working...
                X