Lantern and Mantle ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lantern and Mantle ?????

Ok so I was out all weekend got home today now here is my question I have a Coleman propane lantern and a ozark trail propane lantern. The coleman is for sure brighter than the ozark. Now my friend buys a Cabela's brand lantern and the first thing I noticed was how big the mantels are, we joked cause it looked funny then it got dark and when he lit his up it was brighter than mine with his on half and mine on full. So my question is. Is it the size of the Mantels? or is his just putting off more propane? Also if it is the mantels can I use the cabela's brand on my 2 or does coleman make a bigger mantel?

Originally posted by 17nut View Post
    ...... So my question is. Is it the size of the Mantels? or is his just putting off more propane? Also if it is the mantels can I use the cabela's brand on my 2 or does coleman make a bigger mantel?
    OMG! I haven't used my Coleman in years, although we will be using it in August when we do some camping. Hope someone chimes in before then. Otherwise, remind me in September and i will have an answer for you:rolleyes:
    Chuck
    So. Oregon
    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Bigger Mantles

Yes Coleman makes bigger mantels, duh! This is the 21st century not Fred Flintstones camping! Get thee on-line and check it out for yourself.Ha Ha! Direct from Coleman, Walmart, Target, REI, Cabela's. Ha! Ha!

Bigger mantels=more light and less propane!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

The Cabela brand Lantern's Mantels were about a inch to inch and a half bigger than the coleman #21's
        Last edited by 17nut; 06-22-2010, 06:49 PM.

Comment

http://www.dimensionsguide.com/lantern-sizes/

ya cant willy-nilly change the size of the mantel....gotta stick with what ya got or upgrade.
          Last edited by renodesertfox; 06-22-2010, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Hey 17nut............Reno wasn't insulting you or anything, he was just havin a bit of lighthearted fun.
            He's always sayin wacky things here and there.
            He really is a decent guy just interested in getting out and into the tent.
            He is the one who is trying to hold the forums together and instigate new posts.
            Everyone here is a good character, welcome aboard!

Comment

I've been stocking up on the spare mantles that WallyMart carries, never noticed if different lanterns have different sizes. :confused:

Have to check my big Coleman Dual Fuel lantern and my small propane single-mantle "Hilary" model.

And yeah, RDF has an odd sense of humor, but he's good people!
              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Geez guys, I wanna cry!

Thanks for pluggin' me straight!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
                  I've been stocking up on the spare mantles that WallyMart carries, never noticed if different lanterns have different sizes. :confused:

Have to check my big Coleman Dual Fuel lantern and my small propane single-mantle "Hilary" model.

And yeah, RDF has an odd sense of humor, but he's good people!
                  I dont think coleman makes a different size. Not that I seen anyway. I guess I will look into the Cabela's brand ones and see if there is any difference the Cabela's brand lantern was 2x brighter than mine. Was just wondering if its the mantels or the lantern

Comment

Originally posted by ontariocamper View Post
                    Hey 17nut............Reno wasn't insulting you or anything, he was just havin a bit of lighthearted fun.
                    He's always sayin wacky things here and there.
                    He really is a decent guy just interested in getting out and into the tent.
                    He is the one who is trying to hold the forums together and instigate new posts.
                    Everyone here is a good character, welcome aboard!
                    I guess I jumped the gun a little, My apologies. and thanks for the welcome

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
                      http://www.dimensionsguide.com/lantern-sizes/

ya cant willy-nilly change the size of the mantel....gotta stick with what ya got or upgrade.
                      I dont think I've ever "willy-nilly'ed" anything LOL I just am always trying to make things easier or better.
                      Last edited by 17nut; 06-22-2010, 07:07 PM.

Comment

I am pretty sure this is the one he has look at the size of the mantels

Comment

It'll pay dividends too to really fill everyone in on your research. Thanks fer not paying heed to my wise-cracks! Cause I ain't real sure on Coleman. The mod thing...I'm a doin it fer free not a dime to be made. Jest a love fer climbin a mountain and sticken my face in the dirt and a sleepin bag at night! No offense meant!

Nice screen shot too!
                          Last edited by renodesertfox; 06-22-2010, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X