Pie Iron version of Sh*t on a Shingle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pie Iron version of Sh*t on a Shingle

Ok, I may be silly for asking this quesiton but has anyone else ever heard Cream Chipped Beef on Toast referred to as "Sh*t on a Shingle?" Excuse the durrogatory censored language by I was just curious. My mother has called it this since I can remember.

Anyways, another great pie iron recipe is corned beef, cream of mushroom soup, and any variation of veggie: corn, green beans, peas (my fav). asparagus, or even potatoe chunks.

Take a small amount of cream of mushroom soup and place it in the middle of the bread. Top with corned beef and whatever veggie you choose to use. Close Pie Iron and cook over heat source until bread is golden brown.
    "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
    sigpic

It's one of my favorite 'comfort foods'. My Dad makes it from scratch, but I use canned 'sausage gravy' - meat can be either hamburger or sausage.
    Had it often in the service. Goes great on either soft-fried or scrambled eggs!
    Never thought of adapting it to camping!
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfowler84 View Post
      Ok, I may be silly for asking this quesiton but has anyone else ever heard Cream Chipped Beef on Toast referred to as "Sh*t on a Shingle?" Excuse the durrogatory censored language by I was just curious. My mother has called it this since I can remember.

Anyways, another great pie iron recipe is corned beef, cream of mushroom soup, and any variation of veggie: corn, green beans, peas (my fav). asparagus, or even potatoe chunks.

Take a small amount of cream of mushroom soup and place it in the middle of the bread. Top with corned beef and whatever veggie you choose to use. Close Pie Iron and cook over heat source until bread is golden brown.
      Lucky dog, You can eat corned beef... and that used to be a one of my fav recipes....
      My cooking site!

Comment

I have heard it reffered to as stuff on a shingle. I think ralph stew and if made with chicken chicken ala king.

Comment

Working...
        X