No announcement yet.

What are you driving?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My father insulated his old 1986 Ford Econoline Van with the Pink Panther fiberglass stuff - never noticed any breathing problems with it - course we didn't camp in it either. He covered it with Masonite sheeting.
    WallyMart has foam rubber bedding sheets that might work well - flexible enough to stuff in easily, and availible in several thicknesses. Fairly cheap too.
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Let us see some photos of it, Eaglebait and you too Big Dawg? Will understand it better if you show us photos! E.R. has a 2010 Van and Dawg a covered wagon caravan! C'mon gentlemen show us your rigs! What I got to do is put up more flicks of the 350z for you? HaHa! And Richard, you gotta ask your girlie friend for a valentine's. I know you know the saying..."and I'm fresh out of bubble gum"! Haha! Quit talking and let us see some great photos? please!:D:D:D You started this thread anyway! :p
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
        WallyMart has foam rubber bedding sheets that might work well - flexible enough to stuff in easily, and availible in several thicknesses. Fairly cheap too.
        I will be at Wally World (west coasters term, I guess) tomorrow picking up dog food. I will take a look. Thanks.
        Chuck
        So. Oregon
        TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
        TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
        SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
          Let us see some photos of it, Eaglebait and you too Big Dawg? Will understand it better if you show us photos! E.R. has a 2010 Van and Dawg a covered wagon caravan! C'mon gentlemen show us your rigs! What I got to do is put up more flicks of the 350z for you? HaHa! And Richard, you gotta ask your girlie friend for a valentine's. I know you know the saying..."and I'm fresh out of bubble gum"! Haha! Quit talking and let us see some great photos? please!:DYou started this thread anyway! :p
          I will have images up this weekend, as I have to go into town tomorrow for a massage :D. I agree that if you see the innards, we all can better decide how to make this van into the "Cherry, Cost not considered" van we want. :p

The only rules: Cheaper than cheap, functional, and thought of "out of the box" mentally.
          Chuck
          So. Oregon
          TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
          SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Guess we will have to wait?

Comment

Have you considered using wood paneling for your finish? Then, only using peg board where it has a utility use?
              Is this solid foam siding that is used on houses safe? Used it when we sided our home. It is lite weight an comes in many thicknesses.Is easy to use.
              Last edited by angler57; 02-12-2010, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Another plus to the foam is that it would add sound deadening too!
                Dad's method was very simple - the Econoline Van has vertical stiffening frames, and he simply laid the fiber glass blankets into the spaces, then screwed the thin Masonite panels over it. They are a solid brown color. He kept the basic rubber mat onthe floor, as he would sometimes carry dirty stuff and we could just park the van on a slope, nose up, and literally 'hose' it out!

Comment

Looks like we may be gettin' a used Dodge Ram soon. I won't have to take the 22 year old Ford on my trip...YAY!
                  My Other Interest

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMaggie View Post
                    Looks like we may be gettin' a used Dodge Ram soon. I won't have to take the 22 year old Ford on my trip...YAY!
                    Cool! Way to go! :D
                    Chuck
                    So. Oregon

Comment

So update us everyone...photos of a new Dodge Ram? maybe...Photos of a new 2010 Van interior...and Big Dogs...covered Caravan? Positively moving in the right directions this year to get in some great camping in!

Comment

Leave it to Japan.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83zSxu5qFp8

Comment

Very good Angler57, great pages to look when one is waiting for snow to melt! Excellent short videos!

Comment

Cool rig! I can see some real possibilities after some "Yankee Ingenuity".

Comment

We got our truck!

2007 1500 Quad Cab, 5.7 Liter Hemi, Big Horn Edition.

It's Beautiful!

My Other Interest

Comment

Fan...friggin...tastic!!!!!!!! What a ride!!!! Sure it's a V8 but what a beauty!!!!!!

Instead of buying that tent...keep the tent for your daily living but get a tent camper/tent extention for yourself....so you ain't sleepin' on the dirt!!!!! Or if push comes to shove you could crash in the back seat for a day or two until you get your temp home in Yucca Valley set-up the WAY YOU WANT IT, not the way your ex would want it but how YOU WANT IT!!!!. By Cracky!!!!!!:D

BTW: It's a beautiful ride! And your new Other should come down with you! By Cracky!!
                                And you already got it licensed!!! Gitter done as the saying goes!!!!
                                Last edited by renodesertfox; 02-18-2010, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X