Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What are you driving?!

Long trip rental this year:

A Toyota Sienna for hauling camping stuff and 3 persons up and down the East coast over a 3 day period.
    Despite the rental company's admonishment not to remove the back seat row errrrrrr wellllll.... YES, I will and and I vacuum the entire carpet when I do.

Rest of the trip (18 odd days) looks like we'll tool around in a Ford Focus Hatchback with 2 younger members in good standing of the Bickerson tribe, an occasionally bored teenager whose eyes speak volumes from time to time (obviously this generation dinna get the "don't roll yer eyes/suck yer teeth" memo) in the back seat and the 2 "adults" sitting in the front seats pretending we are not really with THOSE beings behind us.
    2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
    Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
      Long trip rental this year:

A Toyota Sienna for hauling camping stuff and 3 persons up and down the East coast over a 3 day period.
      Despite the rental company's admonishment not to remove the back seat row errrrrrr wellllll.... YES, I will and and I vacuum the entire carpet when I do.

Rest of the trip (18 odd days) looks like we'll tool around in a Ford Focus Hatchback with 2 younger members in good standing of the Bickerson tribe, an occasionally bored teenager whose eyes speak volumes from time to time (obviously this generation dinna get the "don't roll yer eyes/suck yer teeth" memo) in the back seat and the 2 "adults" sitting in the front seats pretending we are not really with THOSE beings behind us.
      When my nieces give me the rolled eyes face buried in their phones attitude thats when i throw on some civil war lecture podcasts

Comment

Adults only (OK actually there will be some various aged kiddos who enjoy that old timie music) long weekend David Bowie Memorial "Dancing on Mars" we've taken over the entire campground (it's tiny) "Wham Bam Thank U Ma'am!?!" Tribute gets a much smaller car rental for us.
        A Mini Cooper Convertible cuz I don't feel like being with others past the campsite or hauling tons of stuff off or on the campground.
        Did all the logistics for the trip and that's enough this time.

Gave up on my Perseid water access trip this year since it really won't be well visible in the NE this year. Sniffles.
        2017:

Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by terasec View Post
          When my nieces give me the rolled eyes face buried in their phones attitude thats when i throw on some civil war lecture podcasts
          Hehehehehe...........I sooooooooooooo hear ya!:he:
          Oh and all electronics 'cepting a Kindle (learn sumthin darn youse! Gonna want ya to pay my Social Security..) and Simon Says game are frowned on by me. I tell the parents that charging is issue laden (true) and mostly they comply. Once the RV is here that 'scuse will be gone w/ the wind but but I'll cross that bridge when it comes:out:.
          2017:

Comment

Now working on a new to me 2003 Ford Explorer sport (its on blocks in the garage; going to start removing the transmission (I hate, unreliable, automatics) for a preventive maintenance rebuild after this post) sorry, no pics yet. It looks much better than the o'l Jeep or the '95 Ford Ranger.

Enjoy!

Edit: got 'er fit for the road (no trips yet)...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	explorer and Jeep DSCF0236.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	70573
            Last edited by Happy Joe; 07-05-2016, 08:55 AM.
            2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
            For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
            Ground tents work best for me, so far.
            Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Working...
            X