The Power!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Power!!

think these would be a good idea for spring?

Nice for power outages but annoyingly dim for camping.
    Last edited by tplife; 03-04-2010, 03:08 PM.
    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Ditto - I have a couple, but prefer the D-cell Tube Lanterns for useable light output.

And...... they are in GUAM. The shipping will kill ya.
      Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Not too many people take liquid Kerosene with them camping anymore. And shipping from Guam is very expensive. But it's another option for a camper to choose from. Light output is not very good either, that's why the government is trying to unload 37 of these babies.
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Re: The Power!!

I would not use those for anything. When I go camping I have many lighting options and are as follows:
          Lanterns:
          1. Battery type: 8 D cells twin tube or single CFL bulb type - Great for area lighting and no fuel mess. I have a Rayovac that I have used for years and Coleman also has a nice one too !!
          2. Propane type: I use several Coleman Northstar lanterns with three different globe types ( amber, clear, red ) and I love them !!!!
          Headlamps:
          1. Head lamps: I use a Petzl 45 lumen headlamp that works great at night setting up the campsite and in the tent as well and just bought a Joby switchback that is a 110 lumen headlamp and a lantern that is great to use.

The days of using liquid fuel for lighting are numbered in my opinion and using Coleman white gas is such a mess and if you ever had spilled any on or in a backpack or any other gear in your car or tent etc.. it never gets out and always smells forever !!!!

Kerosene and Coleman white gas now is a high altitude thing nowadays

Comment

a great option for a lantern if your trying to travel light can be taking your headlamp and placing it longways on your nalgene so the light shines into it. It won't light up a big area outside but is pretty sweet inside the tent! (especially some of the colored nalgenes...) if you want an actual lantern though, I know Black Diamond makes a nice one thats compacts to about the size of your palm and lets off real good light.

Comment

I have some Eton Turbodyne Road Torq lights that are self powered. They are on a hinge, so they can be angled for the best lighting option. I use them along with some Lowes solar stair lights.
              - Laura
              Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Working...
              X