Mind if I pull up a log by the fire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind if I pull up a log by the fire?

New to the forum, but not new to camping. Love all forms of it. From tent camping along riverbanks out of a canoe or back country camping while deer hunting, to pulling our HTT all over our beautiful country.

I'm something of an addict to camping supplies(just ask my wife!) Always looking for the latest and greatest gizmo or gadget that will make my camping trip complete.

I also really love looking at others people's camping set-ups. When in a campground I love to walk around early in the morning and just check out how others have set up their camp sites and look at what sort of campers or tents they're using. My daughter thinks that I'm weird for doing that, but I don't care!

Anyway, hope you don't mind if I poke my nose into your conversations every now and then.

Feel free, JT! We are a friendly bunch of Happy Campers! And welcome to the site.
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by jtbeck View Post
      New to the forum, but not new to camping. Love all forms of it. From tent camping along riverbanks out of a canoe or back country camping while deer hunting, to pulling our HTT all over our beautiful country.
      I'm something of an addict to camping supplies(just ask my wife!) Always looking for the latest and greatest gizmo or gadget that will make my camping trip complete.
      I also really love looking at others people's camping set-ups. When in a campground I love to walk around early in the morning and just check out how others have set up their camp sites and look at what sort of campers or tents they're using. My daughter thinks that I'm weird for doing that, but I don't care!
      Anyway, hope you don't mind if I poke my nose into your conversations every now and then.
      Hi jtbeck; The coffee is hot and the fire is warm. Pull up a stump and park it.
      I have not an artistic or creative bone in my boby. Always had my best idea ambling about boat ramps and campsites.
      You daughter may scoff. But, in later years she will remember with fondness all the thing her Pop did while camping.
      Mine and her family are now 100% campers and boaters. She still teases about some of our early ventures. We had old gear and little money, but plenty of love and laughs.

Comment

I have a co-worker who retired a couple years back, and she and her hubby bought a TT. They began as rank newbies, and got a lot of good advice and help from other seasoned RVers. Then Pam tells me, at a turning point, they were in camp and another newbie comes to them for help, and her hubby Gerry jumps right in and gets them straightened out - THEY had become 'old hands'! Gotta love it! Always good to 'pay it forward'!
        I am still a hardcore tenter myself, but a riding buddy has recently got himself a nice big TT, and he's offered me a very good deal on his old smaller TT. As I age, I begin to appreciate getting 'off the ground'.
        'Course, I'll need to get a good truck too....... :D

Comment

HELPING Others; Been a lot of years since we began tnis journey. Still remember and am grateful for all those who helped us along the way. Still pick up useful tips along the way. And learn from what we see others doing, as jtbeck mentioned.
          QUESTION???? What is a TT????

Comment

"Travel Trailer".

Comment

Originally posted by angler57 View Post
              HELPING Others; Been a lot of years since we began tnis journey. Still remember and am grateful for all those who helped us along the way. Still pick up useful tips along the way. And learn from what we see others doing, as jtbeck mentioned.
              QUESTION???? What is a TT????
              And in my post when I reference an "HTT," that's a Hybrid Travel Trailer. It's like a regular hard-sided travel trailer, but each end has drop down bunks like a pop-up camper.

Comment

While you folks are pulling on your logs by the fire, I'll be dropping dropping the kids off at the pool...:D
                “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

And I'll be camping out...if I can find my way outta here?
                  Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                  Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I look forward to it getting a little bit warmer here in the South. My wife hates the cold and we tent camp. The only thing about being in the South is Spring is really short. It gets hot here really fast. I hope to go camping in April or possibly May. After that it gets really hot and muggy here. My parents have a 5th Wheel they use when they go RVing. I grew up camping from a tent to a camper. My parents figured they were to old to "Rough it" so they got the 5th wheel. My wife and I go with them sometimes.

Harry

Comment

How Do harryb; You picked the right place to drop in for a sit down. Bunch of fine folks here and one ole grouch. That ole grouch would be me.
                      We're in southern Indiana. Sounds as if you are much further south than that.
                      Having a number of birthdays we understand your folks wanting a real bed.
                      Always ready to learn. So, talk away and folks here will listen.
                      Denny

Comment

I live in North East Mississippi.
                        I am lucky enough to have 4 COE Lakes and 3 TVA Dams within a 2 hour drive of my house. The lakes all have State Parks on them. I am just waiting on the weather to warm up. It also rains a lot here in April and May. Tent camping in the rain is no fun at all.

Harry

Comment

Sounds like a place to do a lot of kayak fishin to me. You are about a month ahead of us weather wise

Comment

I guess U could do kayak fishing in the back water of the lakes. The COE lakes are for flood control. They were built in the 1930s to control the amount of water going into the Delta. The Yazoo river splits into essentially 4 smaller rivers. These lakes are also used for recreation. The COE controls the levels of the lakes. There are times when the COE drops the levels down to "Winter Pool" in anticipation of spring rains. I have seen water over the Emergency Spillways in the Spring and Summer. The TVA Dams are on the Tennessee River and used to generate power and have locks for river traffic.

Harry

Comment

Kayaks are suprising little craft. My 9' 9" boat has been on lake huron, erie, georgian bay and michigan and the mackinaw straits. Bounces on top on four foot swells like a bobber.
                              Have caught large northern pike using it. After they tow it around a bit they tire and you land they, carefully.
                              Sounds like my kind of place.

Comment

Working...
                              X