Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oak Creek Canyon, AZ

Howdy,
    Our last campout of 09 and the first in 2010 was at Manzanita Tent Only Campground. This thread shows the country that the aforementioned campground lies in. The forest is mostly federally protected and private land in the Cococino National Forest. The San Francisco Peaks that guard the city of Flagstaff is the calling card(pic #1). From Vegas one gets here by driving to I-40 at Kingman, AZ and driving east 150 miles. At Flagstaff you turn south on I-17 heading for Phoenix and turning off onto Hwy 89A in a blink of the eye. Hwy 89A snakes it's way through the forested land for 9 miles and then abruptly drops into Oak Creek Canyon. The road down the mountainside is a twisting switchbacking pot-holed road that has seen many decades of freeze and thaw and runs past Slick Rock State Park, a couple of canyon resorts, a couple of campgrounds and into Sedona, AZ. It s very scenic drive. Comments are welcomed and encouraged. The photos themselves aren't great works of art but I just wanted to give you a sense of what this neck of the land looks like. The weather was very cold, windy and snowy most of the time. The only day the sky cleared was the day we left, is that telling me something or what? Thanks for looking and thankyou for your time.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Working...
X