X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campgrounds: TENT ONLY

Howdy, TENT CAMPERS ONLY!!

This just might be our Holy Grail Quest! It might not yet be yours( it is mine however), if your like camping at a very nice campground and wake up the next morning and have noticed that over-night you've been surrounded by Large 5th Wheels and RVs you gotta move your campsite! Wow, those RVs are sure crowding this place! It's not that I don't like RVers it's because I don't like camping in the shadow of a luxury rolling tin box!:eek:

This sub-forum is reserved for campgrounds that are designed for TENT ONLY! If you know of a spot in your neck of the woods and would like share it...post it up. If not no problem because it will eventually be found and posted wether your want it posted or not. If you know of a campground that has RVs & tents but has a section set aside for tent only that also qualifies! I believe there are hundreds of these pristine sites all over this great land(sure we got some problems-and we are working on them); it's still a GREAT LAND! I am a tenter and this is my Holy Grail Quest!!

Long Live Tents; Longer Still Tenters!

This is simply a place to list TENT ONLY CAMPGROUNDS. If you have a question about a spot that is linked, please do not start a discussion below. We prefer to keep this as a link thread. That will make it easier to find a Tent only spot.

I use to fear that if I gave away a great site and told no one about it, no one would find it. That's like running onto what you think is a ghost town that no one knows about, you're fooling yourself. I've come back to my secret ghost-town and it's got more people here than I thought! Thanks for looking-Get Campin'!!
    Last edited by renodesertfox; 11-24-2009, 09:02 AM. Reason: added do not
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

In the state of Orgeon there's plenty of tent only sites, some are mixed in with short trailers 22' long, which to a tenter seems as long as a school bus but that's okay because most trailers do not have generators. There are a few tent only campgrounds inter-mixed with trailers. Desertrose and I stayed in Oregon at the Alder Springs Campground and Blair Lake Campground in 2005 for ten(10) days and saw absolutely no trailers, if fact we were the only tenters too over late October to November 1, 2005 when the campground was seasoned closed. Great spot, fly trout fishing was very good for rainbows! Just click on the word "Cached" and your there. You'll have to scroll down a bit to view Blair lake Campground. Then if interested copy the link and paste in a new window for your machine. Enjoy, we did!

http://www.traveloregon.com/Explore-Oregon/Willamette-Valley/Places-To-Stay/Search-Campgrounds.aspx - 38k - Cached

Comment

3 Campgrounds: Denali National Park

Howdy,
      In Denali National Park there are several campgrounds, but Sanctuary, Wonder Lake and Igloo Campgrounds are designed for tents only. Scroll through the attached link and you will see them. There are restrictions besides just being a tent campground so read carefully. Good luck, I visited Denali National Park back in the 1970s when I was stationed at Fort Wainwright and Fort Greeley. On a clear day you can see Mt. Denali from Fairbanks 300 miles to the south!

Campgrounds: Denali National Park & Preserve, Alaska

Comment

Hello guys. Grand Canyon of Yellowstone is a good spot for camping. There are many resources to get for the campsite.

Comment

Working...
        X