X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tent Only Campgrounds

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
    Never underestimate the power of a large block V8 or a diesel engine - and/or some peoples' willingness to take crazy risks

So far, I haven't ever seen anything other than 4wd vehicles in several of my spots I like. A bit of rocky road, the sort that makes campers/motor homes feel like theyre going to self destruct driving on them, and some rocks large enough to discourage average cars, and I can generally be safe from most anything but tents or 4wd trucks with campers.

Last edited by Malamute; 11-30-2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Hello: We live in Ontario Canada. We build our own 4 x 8 teardrop trailers and always look for tent only campsite, they always have the best site.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iJe...AhuFt8iZVXW4lg

Comment

I have loved camping in NJ for years. Unfortunately, over the years there have been less options to do primitive camping around Pa and NJ. I like camping in Wharton State Forest. Lower Forge is a good area and so is Mulica River area. I have a couple of videos for Lower Forge on my youtube channel. Here are the links if you are interested. LF tends to be pretty nice during the weekdays and there are no vehicles allowed near the campsites. You do get occasional off roaders on the weekends though :( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVOfHxVC2fc
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe-YqMS2LK0

Comment

Plenty of tent-only camping in the Rockies - particularly in Banff national park!

Comment

Any recommendations for Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee areas? I really like the settings in the mountains and rivers for trout fishing. Nice to be able to hike to a waterfall also.

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
              Howdy,
              In my never ending quest to find tent only campgrounds and those small enough to accept the smallest A-frame trailer or pop-ups. I'm still looking. One website that comes to mind is

http://www.camparizona.com

When you get to the site, find the search panel and type in manzanita campground. There you go! We are a proud bunch of people, who are die-hard tenters! Long live Tent Camping! Longer still Tenters!

If you know a place from your neck of the woods that accepts only tents and can find it on-line, please by all means share it here. If the campground also has RVs but also has an area for tent only separate from RVs, that is qualifies too! If you know more than one place the better for everyone if you give up a secret. I use to fear that if I gave up a favorite place it would always be crowded when I want to go camping there, but the funny thing is, it never is crowded when I want to camp there but certainly is crowded when I don't want to camp there. Go figure. Off-season is best!Thanks in advance! Happy camping!:D
              Calhoun Falls State Park in McCormick, SC has separate tent sites. Beautiful spacious sites.

Comment

Blyth is a town. Which is located at southeast Northumberland, England. To the south of River Blyth. Which is northeast of Newcastle upon Tyne. It’s population is of about 37,339. Port of Blyth dates from the century of 12th. Main industries which has helped the town prosper were coal mining. With salt trade, fishing is playing an important role. These industries have largely gone, but port still thrives, shipping paper and pulp from Scandinavia for newspaper world of England. Town had seriously exaggerated when it’s major industries went into reject. It has undergone much renewal since the early 1990s. The Keel line Shopping Centre was opened in the year of 1991.
                Thanks& regards.
                Angelanave
                inflatable tents |military tents

Comment

So, only tents in the town of Blyth??
                  2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Mormon View Post
                    So, only tents in the town of Blyth??
                    Shhhh, no talking in class.
                    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                    – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
                      Shhhh, no talking in class.
                      Just trying to get all the facts, in case I visit there :money:
                      2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

if it is so awesome place I should visit that place.

Comment

camping is a great hobby.it will be a great experience if you have all the camping essentials with you. I have the best hiking gear list for you.

Comment

Working...
                          X