Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Columbus day weekend camping trip

Hi guys,

First timer here so would appreciate all the help possible.

So my room mates and i want to go on a camping trip during the columbus day weekend. we are in Massachusetts but dont mind driving out 5 hrs or so to get to a good spot. we definitely dont want to RV it, but rather use tents. we are looking for a place that will have the best weather conditions (thats asking a lot i know) as possible. Additionally, we would like to feel secluded if possible but at the same time not be too far from a nearby town to hit up a bar or restaurant.

we were thinking about lake george somewhere, but thats as far as we got since we are new at this whole experience of planning a camping trip.

please help us :confused:

thanks

Originally posted by funktastic View Post
    Hi guys,

First timer here so would appreciate all the help possible.

So my room mates and i want to go on a camping trip during the columbus day weekend. we are in Massachusetts but dont mind driving out 5 hrs or so to get to a good spot. we definitely dont want to RV it, but rather use tents. we are looking for a place that will have the best weather conditions (thats asking a lot i know) as possible. Additionally, we would like to feel secluded if possible but at the same time not be too far from a nearby town to hit up a bar or restaurant.

we were thinking about lake george somewhere, but thats as far as we got since we are new at this whole experience of planning a camping trip.

please help us :confused:

thanks
    Howdy Funktastic,
    Check out http://www.stateparks.com that is a good place to start. If this is trully a new experience that is, camping by tent, then I would recommend that you don't go camping to far away. With Autumn coming on like it means it, this might be a weekend camping trip that either ends your career at camping or it will be a great start! Good luck, there is alot of great info here about camping for the first time. Thanks for joining the campfire at Camping Forums!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Funktastic,

When planning out my trips, whether they be camping or RV trips, I usually begin with campingroadtrip.com (http://www.campingroadtrip.com)

I find it very helpful because you can type your destination in the website and it generates a list of campgrounds with all of their information posted. It has saved me a ton of planning time in the past because it allows you to search for campgrounds within 10 miles of your destination!

So I think it might help you wittle down where you should go. Hope this helps! Good luck!!

-Timothy

Comment

Working...
      X