Tent Heater.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tent Heater.....

I have seen many mentions/advertisements for tent heaters....it seems that they are all propane powered.
    Do these heaters somehow magically NOT produce CO????
    I am taking a small electric heater on Friday just in case, but I would be very hesitant to use any fuel burning appliance in my tent, lest I sleep REALLY, REALLY well.:eek:

Something like this one.....

http://www.sunbeam.com.au/DynamicCon...80_310x355.jpg

Howdy OC,
    We use a tent heater all the time and it runs on propane. The tank sits outside the tent, a connectting cord for the propane runs between the tank and the heater. It has never given us a single problem. The heater has two heater elements that puts out a combo of 18,000 btu per hour. It will even run on two individual small propane tanks that are used for those cheap(inexpensive coleman cooking stoves. Still we have never had a problem using a heater in any tent we have every owned and I have been camping with this heater since 1984. Last year we finally up-graded our tent heater and bought a newer model(just to stay in step with the times). I love our tent heater. If you take the time and research the photo gallery forum I've included many photos over the months and there are photos that could help you, if you are interested. Hope this helps?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

we use the mr heater "buddy" propane
      not nearly as many btus but takes the chill off and has a auto shut off for low oxygen, we also leave a couple small openings for fresh air.

Comment

Working...
      X