Long Beach Washington - Primitive Camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Beach Washington - Primitive Camping

Love the forums! Not my first time here but this is my first post so thanks in advance for the help.

My girlfriend and I are looking for a spot to camp along the Washington coast line, specifically Long Beach. We enjoy primitive (dispersed) campsites and really just need a safe, legal place to setup our small tent.

I spoke with a lady at the visitors bureau and she told me we can camp anywhere above the water-line as long as we are not on private property. She said we can camp in the dunes on the grass but that it is thick and uncomfortable. Besides that, she could not specify an area for camping. I came here because she did not seem very knowledgeable on the subject.

My question is: if we find a sandy area in the grass/above the water-line, can we setup camp? Don't plan on having a fire or anything, just need a place to sleep under the stars. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Your lady friend is correct...you can camp anywhere above the waterline as long as it is not on private property. If it is a state park or other protected area such as a national park or preserve you may have to pay additional fees.
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Long Beach Washington Primitive Camping

I will be going to that show and have a hook-up for dubias if anyone in the area needs some. Just PM me =)

Comment

Long Beach Wa Camping

I don't know if this helps any, but the hills/mts directly east of Long Beach, according to my quad map, is full of BLM land. If you find you can't crash on the beach, and want/need a place to crash for the night, you can always camp on any BLM land for up to 14 days for free - and no one can legally kick you out.

My wife and I spend 99% of our nights, when we travel with our rig, sleeping on either BLM land or on USFS land - mindful, on USFS land to avoid areas with private residences.
        Chuck
        So. Oregon
        TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
        TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
        SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Working...
        X