Solo Camping with my Dog, Los Angeles Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo Camping with my Dog, Los Angeles Area

Hello everyone, I hope someone here can help me out, since I am a new camper. I have only been camping once and it was with a group of 5. While I was there (yosemite) I was thinking a lot about camping solo next time.

I have been dealing with a lot of school and health related stress for last 3 years. I would really like to go on a solo camping trip to just relax. I am considering taking one of my dogs with me. She is a spayed pitbull, very nice and low maintainance.

I am in Orange County / Los Angeles Area, my zip (91765). I am looking for a spot to just relax, eat, hike / walk around / explore, sleep.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. So far the campground I have considered are Dogwood, North Shore, Green Valley. I found these here http://www.reserveamerica.com/campgroundSearch.do

Thanks in advance

Howdy madchemist,

What is someone's idea of a not so good campsite might be great for someone else. What you have found, might be just what you're looking for or not. Camping is a very in-expensive way to go somewhere and stay a few days. It all boils down to what camping means to you. The best advice I think I can give is to just try one of those spots you mentioned and see. There is nothing wrong with reserving a site ahead of time. Then once there and you have looked around perhaps this will lead to another place to camp and so-on and so-forth! Or you'll find that taking a chance on a place might be your cup-of-tea too. And there is nothing wrong with solo camping, you just have to decide if you are your best friend or not. Good luck and let us know how it goes for you? We would love to hear your stories about camping. Thanks for voicing your concerns!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
    X