Campsite Photos Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campsite Photos Everyone!

Gotta a picture or three of your latest campsite, here's the thread to show off your stuff and brag a little or a lot! Have fun, but just remember it's gotta be of your campsite!

This is our current kitchen cooking area with a Camp Chef Dual burner w/Camp Oven; our Single Burner and a Coleman Propane Lantern all attached to one propane tank. Looks like a place to brew moonshine, but this is the set-up of some of the products I'm testing. Thanks for looking!

Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Campsite Photos Everyone!

Thanks HS! You otta share some pics too, you'd love it! And others can see your lifestyle better, including me! Your comments & opinions are always right on the money! Thanks for staying and being a very active member! Most leave soon after joining, tire of the moderation period or leave because their feelings get hurt. Your words never falter and are always poignant to the topic at hand!! You also have helped sending warnings of spammers that I might miss and it is appreciated!

Comment

RENO: See just about everything but the kitchen sink...(hehe)I'm sure that's there,somewhere
      Very nice setup...have a good time and tell us the details when you get back...
      we'll be going a little bit more primitive than you when we get out on the road in another month
      or so...
      don't know if we'll be able to share pictures as we're not very computer savvy, but I can verbally
      describe our experiences...

Comment

Here's the PaHaQue 10x12 that we used this last campout to Grassy Lake Reservoir in Wyoming. Plenty of room for two & took us 15 minutes to pitch and stake! Two days out of the five we had huge thunderstorms with hail and very strong winds. The tent was seam sealed at the factory and so we trusted it. Did NOT leak one drop! Great Tent!

Comment

Camp Kitchen with Camp Chef dual Burner w/oven
          My wife finally has a told me to get out of her kitchen!

Comment

Here is my last campsite, Chanlder Hill just NE of Gaylord Michigan. Weber lake state park was full, next time I'll just find a spot in the woods. The ground was so rocky you needed a hammer drill for your stakes, so we didn't put them all in.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-03_08-52-47_620[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	69566

Comment

Great shots from everyone, love the CampChef oven/stove, the fiberglas propane tank, welded seam tent, and spud's creative shade setup. I'll be there was some quality beer somewhere in the picture! RDF, that looks very high-res. We recently auditioned a Nikon J1 and a Sony NEX-7n. Nikon is nice but Sony was so much better with its DSLR-sized CMOS sensor and 60fps 1080p video.
              “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
              ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Thanks Spud! Great photo of your site!!

Campground does seem kinda crowded! But as I always proclaim: Every camp-out is just practice for the next one, finding a more secluded spot is a high priority!

TP, your correct! The Nikon D800 is high-resolution, 36mp per image. The dslr body was $3,000 + tax and has a full frame sensor. Most of my lenses allow for full-frame sensoring. Nikon's ain't cheap. heehee......
                Last edited by renodesertfox; 09-27-2012, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Here was our first campsite at Carlsbad at the top of the Yucca trail.

Name:	100_3118.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	69567

Our second campsite, at the bottom of Rattlesnake Canyon.

Name:	100_3204.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	69568

Was hard to find any flat spot that was free of Yucca, Pricly Pear, Sotol, Catclaw.... but there was no one around. Absolutely loved it out there.

WT
                  "It's better to have that and not need it than it is to need it and not have it" - Captain Woodrow F. Call

Nights spent out in 2014: 1

Comment

Excellent images WT!!! Been a decade since we were last in Carlsbad, scenery is beautiful! So too the desert! I spent all of my youth in southern Nevada! The desert is beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
                      Gotta a picture or three of your latest campsite, here's the thread to show off your stuff and brag a little or a lot! Have fun, but just remember it's gotta be of your campsite!

This is our current kitchen cooking area with a Camp Chef Dual burner w/Camp Oven; our Single Burner and a Coleman Propane Lantern all attached to one propane tank. Looks like a place to brew moonshine, but this is the set-up of some of the products I'm testing. Thanks for looking!

Wow, that is a honkin' set-up. The Propane Industry of America thanks you.

What is that pad underneath your canopy? Is that something you bring with you or is that a permanent pad?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                        Here is my last campsite, Chanlder Hill just NE of Gaylord Michigan. Weber lake state park was full, next time I'll just find a spot in the woods. The ground was so rocky you needed a hammer drill for your stakes, so we didn't put them all in.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3629[/ATTACH]
                        Ha ha.. I feel for ya, Man. Private campgrounds at it's finest. And they charged you for that too, didn't they!? They should pay you for aerating their field. I never quite understood why anybody would set up a tent in an open field shoulder to shoulder to other campers. Just about everybody has a backyard better than that. There must be a calling for it, though, because there are plenty of private campgrounds just like it with people paying to get in.

Comment

That pad was supplied by the National Forest Service, it was a huge pad!

Comment

This is Peninsula State Park first week of October. Fall colors in full bloom and gorgeous.

This view really doesn't do justice to the beauty of the campsite or the area. You can see Nicolet Bay through the trees. Nicolet Bay is a bay within the bay of Green Bay. It is difficult for most folks who have not seen the Great Lakes to comprehend how big Lake Michigan and the other Great Lakes are. Green Bay itself is larger than Tokyo Bay and Green Bay is fresh water, not salt water. So big, in fact, that the Green Bay has bays within the bay.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Mike; 10-06-2012, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Here's my old 3-burner Big Gas Grill w/o it's detachable legs sitting pretty on our collapsing camp table. Inside that cat covered cozy is a double-wall stain-less steel French Press Coffee Maker. Thank for looking!

Comment

Working...
                              X