Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refill your own camping cylinders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A6krpWGi1A

I sat down yesterday and finally figured out to refill the disposable cylinders to capacity. I have tried filling them several times using the method of freezing the small tank and warming the big tank. I have never been able to fill them past about half full. This is my first youtube video, so its a little rough. haha.

Do this at your own risk. I should probably be wearing gloves and safety glasses. Don't be stupid like me.

I filled 7 cylinders yesterday. A bout a $30 savings.

Re: Refill your own camping cylinders.

You don't have to freeze or warm anything. If you use a pair of heavy forceps like the kind used for removing fishing lures and not surgical grade, you can pull on the relief valve on the disposable bottle as it's filling. That allows for more flow. You just have to be careful not to overfill when doing it that way. I bought a cheap kitchen scale off Amazon to keep the weight where it needs to be. A bit of a pain having to disconnect/reconnect it a couple of times to weigh it until til you get it full, but worth the trouble to save the green!

Comment

Thanks guys. I have a couple that I need to refill right now.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Going to try this!

Comment

Working...
        X