Honda Odyssey Tow Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Odyssey Tow Rig

Does anyone here tow a 1500lbs + pop-up with a Honda Odyssey? I have a line on one and would like to get some feedback on how it will tow my pop-up.

Thanks,
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

My Toyota Sienna is similar to an Odessey

JohnJohn,

My Toyota Sienna is similar to the Odessey in most respects.

Last summer, I towed my Starcraft Meteor (their smallest) 4,000 miles and it went wonderfully.

The camper weighed about 1600 lb. since I stowed the majority of our stuff inside the TV.

We barely noticed it behind us. In the hilly country, it'd shift to 3rd gear on some up-hills if I had it on cruise control. Taking it out of overdrive in hilly areas seemed good.

I did most of the trip in overdrive since the TV was running so easily, even with the camper back there. We did cruise speeds up to 75 mph - always staying at the speed limit.

Care on trailer balance meant no sway.

The TV was happy even in the moderate mountain driving around the south side of Glacier National Park and going through the middle of Yellowstone.

We also crossed the Bighorn range in north central Wyoming - just because it's pretty. Towing was so easy, I felt no need to go around it.

This trailer is at the light end of your question but perhaps this gives you some useful information (if it's not too late).

Comment

Ed,

Thanks for the advice. I haven't bought anything yet. I have a very large Jeep that I really should start towing to the trail. I am considering an upgrade to a C-class so I can tow the Jeep behind it. Until I have the funds to upgrade, a mini-van of some type may just in order.

Thanks again for the advice

PS: I sent in 10 years in Peoria, late 70s early 80s(elementary and middle school)
      JohnJohn
      ---------
      Forum Admin

Comment

towing with minivan

JohnJohn,

We arrived in Peoria in '90 after college.

I'm happy with towing our popup but it is a light one. No predictions about towing 2500-3500 lb. even though those minivans are rated that high.

Ed

Comment

not to change the thread but Ed i live in pontiac il. its about 60 mile from u

Comment

Working...
          X