Coleman Tents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coleman Tents

Iam looking for a tent for 3-4 people. I was looking at Coleman's earlier model called the Fossil Creek, it is a 11.5 x 7 tent with two rooms. I was just wondering if any one own this tent and could tell me about it.

It all depends on where you plan to go with your 3-4 person tent.....

If you're looking for a lighter weight tent for backpacking, then coleman is probably not your best bet. But if you don't plan on doing much camping then they are perfect. If you are looking for a nice high quality tent that will LAST and is light enough for backpacking then I suggest a Eureeka, Kelty or if you want top of the line, go with a North Face.

I own a single person Eureeka backpacking tent, a 4 man Kelty tent and a 2 person North Face backpacking tent. I've tried some of the lower end models of tents but they never seem to last for very long for me.

Comment

Oh i almost forgot

Perhaps the cheapest place to find high quality name-brand tents is at Campmor.com

I've bought several things from them and they are a well known company. Most large and more expensive items ship for free as well.

Comment

thanks alot

thanks for the information it will help me on my decision for my tent purchase!

Comment

No problem

Just another note: If you're looking at a tent with multiple rooms (perhaps for 2 couples) for backpacking, I'd suggest just buying two 2-3 person tents. Just remember the bigger the tent, the more of a pain it is to pack with. However, a multiple room tent is perfect for car camping where you don't have to carry your tent very far from the car.

Comment

i never owned a tent, but my parents just got a nice one from gandermountain. it has a large main area and then 3 seperate areas for them and my two brothers.

Comment

Like BigSexy said, Campmor has good stuff and good prices. I also really like SierraTradingPost, it's an online shop with good prices. The inventory changes, so you kind of have to check it out often and jump on something if you like it. SportsmansGuide.com has good cheap stuff.

Again, BigSexy is spot on. My buddy has been buying Coleman or Cabella's tents for years, and it's always amusing to see him try to haul those into camp on his back. But of course he get's the big tents. I've got a small 2-man Kelty that I purchased real cheap online. It's pretty sturdy, keeps me dry, and is real easy to pack in. The lighter the better is my philosophy...
              MN Camper

Comment

Working...
              X