Colorado Reservations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Reservations

I was making some reservations for this year and thought I would post the link. It's for all the Colorado State Parks with camping areas. Have Fun.

http://www.reserveamerica.com
    JohnJohn
    ---------
    Forum Admin

Originally posted by JohnJohn
    I was making some reservations for this year and thought I would post the link. It's for all the Colorado State Parks with camping areas. Have Fun.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/client/client_co.js
    Hi JohnJohn!! I saw this link in your sig over on Naxja and thought I'd check this out. I like the idea of this site and hope to contribute some to it.
    I've never used the reservation service but my parents have been on the receiving end of it before. For several summers they were camp hosts at the state campgrounds up around Leadville and Twin Lakes.
    We go up there every year around the 4th of July. Stayed in Buena Vista last year.
    It's a great area with lots to do.

Comment

I-70 Corridor Camping

I would love to hear about some nice sites in the I-70 corridor. Leadville and Twin Lakes would be a blast in the hot summer months. Our friends like to camp West of Colorado Springs. Most of the good Jeep trails in that area have been closed since they were in the Hamen Burn Area. Leadville Area would allow us some better access to trails.
      JohnJohn
      ---------
      Forum Admin

Comment

The state parks are cool. They are very clean and some of them have flush toilets. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but after a week sitting over a hole in the ground some genuine porcelan under your butt feels pretty good.
        The only thing wrong with the state campgrounds are that there are no hookups for electric or water. You have to dry camp. They usually have a dumping station though.
        There are a lot of neat trails around Leadville and Buena. We've done Mosquito P**** Hancock P**** Breakneck P**** Browns P**** Weston Pass and a few more that I can't remember the names of. We did Hancock last year and it turned into an all day afair. Turns out we did at least 3 other passes along the way and saw some really cool old mining sites and some breathtaking scenery.
        Mosquito Pass is really cool. It's not that difficult but it is kinda spooky. Its a bunch of switchbacks in the form of a cliff trail.
        I know the area pretty well if any wants to know about anything in particular.

Comment

Working...
        X