about campgrounds in NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about campgrounds in NY

About time there was a post here........looking for suggestions of nice but not too expensive campgrounds in the Lake George area.......anyone familiar?

NYS camping

Some great looking places to camp aroung Lake George, I have not been there yet though. I am planning to stay in Old Forge this summer, which looks great based on the photos posted by the yahoo popup club members. We have always stayed atWellesley Island SP, the place is beautiful. Great sites on the water, fantastic views, but no sites w/ elec on the water. This year is our 1st full year w/ a popup, so we have remedied that situation with taking two sites, on on the water for the tnt and canoe, etc, and one across the street w/ elec. will post after both ( july for the river, aug for Old Forge )to review. For anyone willing to cross the border, Algonquin is absolutely unparalled. Like stepping back in time to the days of the old wilderness.
    Happy Camping!

Comment

Let's Re-visit this topic!!!

My favorite place near Lake George (Saratoga) is McConchies. Very nice campground, nice size sites, plenty of wooded sites... Anyone else have suggestions????

Comment

With the ADK part so close, we've never used camp grounds by Lake George. Just go into the park and there is tons of stuff. I would think there is a good map at a New York State Parks site.
        Camping gear at http://www.miserlymonkey.com

Comment

Working...
        X